Regulations & Legislation

Regulation changes

Yukon Wildlife Act Regulation Change Process

Under the authority of the Umbrella Final Agreement, the Yukon Fish and Wildlife Management Board (the Board) and the Government of Yukon’s Department of Environment (Environment Yukon) established a process for the public to propose changes to fish and wildlife regulations in the territory.

This process is an opportunity for the public to be directly involved in the sustainable management and conservation of Yukon’s fish and wildlife.

Regulation Changes

Regulation Change Tracker

Use our regulation change tracker to view current and past regulation changes, and search by species, status, proponent, title or submission date.

Frequently Asked Questions

A regulation is legislation that falls under and is authorized by an Act of the Legislature. Typically, the Act provides an overall policy framework and authorizes regulations.

Regulations provide the details that help bring the policy to life.

For example, several sections in the Wildlife Act set out the policy parameters for trapping in Yukon. The trapping regulations themselves will provide specific details like trapping season dates, methods, and species.

Proposals can be made to change:

  • Wildlife Regulations – under the Yukon Wildlife Act
  • Trapping Regulations – under the Yukon Wildlife Act
  • Yukon Territorial Fishing Regulations – under the federal Fisheries Act

Recommended proposals must be changes, additions, or deletions to regulations under the Acts mentioned above.

Sometimes proposals highlight fish & wildlife issues that can be best addressed through education, programming, or changes in services. These are not regulation changes and are not accepted in this process.

Any Yukon resident, group, or government can submit a proposal to this regulation change process.

Please read the information carefully, and then fill out the Regulation Change Proposal Form. Please answer all questions. Use a separate form for separate proposals.

For assistance, please contact the Board at:

You can submit this form in the following ways:

Email to:
mail or deliver to: Yukon Fish and Wildlife Management Board, 409 Black Street, Whitehorse, YT, Y1A SP7