Renewable Resources Councils are a primary instrument for local renewable resources management as set out in the final agreements. Each Renewable Resources Council, acting in the public interest and consistent with their Final Agreement may make recommendations to the Minister, the affected Yukon First Nation, the Fish and Wildlife Management Board and the Salmon Sub-Committee on any matter related to conservation of fish and wildlife. Each Renewable Resources Council makes provisions for public involvement in the development of its decisions and its recommendations.
- Authority: Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Final Agreement, Chapter 16.6.
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: all nominees to the Council should have resided in the Traditional Territory of the Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in for at least 1 year immediately prior to their appointment and should have long term familiarity with renewable resources in Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Traditional Territory. A temporary absence from Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Traditional Territory does not constitute an interruption of residency.
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: twice a month on Thursdays at the Madame Tremblay Building on 3rd and King Street
- Department: Environment
- Honoraria: $125 per day
- Daniel (Dan) Reynolds, Government of Yukon member from June 8, 2017, to June 7, 2020, and co-chair from January 16, 2020, to June 7, 2020
- Doug Fraser, First Nations member from December 18, 2018, to December 14, 2021
- Ian Fraser, First Nations member from January 17, 2019, to June 7, 2020
- John Kayler Mather, Government of Yukon alternate member from August 28, 2019, to August 27, 2022
- John Mitchell, Government of Yukon member from August 28, 2019, to August 27, 2022
- Mark Weirda, Government of Yukon member from May 1, 2018, to April 30, 2021, and co-chair from January 16, 2020, to January 15, 2021
- Peggy Kormendy, First Nations alternate member from January 17, 2019, to June 7, 2020
- Robert Farr, First Nations member from September 18, 2018, to September 17, 2021
3rd & King
Phone # 867-993-6976
Fax # 867-993-6093