Renewable Resources Councils are a primary instrument for local renewable resources management as set out in the Final Agreements. Each Renewable Resources Council, acting in the public interest and consistent with their Final Agreement may make recommendations to the Minister, the affected Yukon First Nation, the Fish and Wildlife Management Board and the Salmon Sub-Committee on any matter related to conservation of fish and wildlife. Each Renewable Resources Council makes provisions for public involvement in the development of its decisions and its recommendations.
- Authority: Kluane First Nation (“KFN”) Final Agreement, Chapter 16.6
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: members should be a resident within Kluane First Nation Traditional Territory
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: once a month at the Council office at the Kluane Lake Athletic Association community building in Destruction Bay, Yukon
- Department: Environment
- Honoraria: $125 per day
The DKRRC, acting in the public interest, makes recommendations to the Minister, the Kluane First Nation, the Yukon Fish and Wildlife Management Board and the Yukon Salmon Sub-committee on any matter related to the conservation of fish and wildlife referred to in chapter 16 of the Kluane First Nation Final Agreement. Recommendations will include matters related to conservation of fish and wildlife, forest resources management and proposed special management areas and future management plans.
The DKRRC is comprised of 8 council members including 2 alternate members. Three members and one alternate are each nominated by the First Nation and the Yukon Government.
- Joe Bruneau, First Nations alternate member from October 11, 2018, to February 11, 2021
- Keith Johnson, Government of Yukon member from December 12, 2019, to March 13, 2022
- Mary Jane Johnson, First Nations member from October 10, 2019, to October 9, 2022
- Peter Upton, Government of Yukon member from May 25, 2017, to May 24, 2020
- Sandra Johnson, First Nations member from March 29, 2018, to March 28, 2021, and co-chair from October 10, 2019, to October 9, 2020
- Sian Williams, Government of Yukon member from March 14, 2019, to March 13, 2022, and co-chair from July 31, 2019, to July 30, 2020
- Suzanne Flumerflet, Government of Yukon alternate member from May 25, 2017, to May 24, 2020
OTHER INFORMATION |
Burwash Landing, YT