The CTRRC is the local management body for fish, wildlife and forestry in the Carcross Tagish First Nation Settlement area. The Council is your voice in managing local renewable resources. We provide strong input into planning and regulation processes by raising public awareness of specific issues and by providing local and traditional information. The Council also plays an important advisory role to territorial, federal and First Nations governments and the Yukon Fish & Wildlife Management Board. The CTRRC is comprised of 8 Council members including 2 alternate members. Three members and 1 alternate are each nominated by the First Nation and the Yukon Government.
The Carcross Tagish Renewable Resource Council (CTRRC) strives to be the voice for the residents within the Carcross Tagish First Nation (CTFN) Traditional Territory (TT) in managing our renewable resources, such as fish, wildlife and forests.
Jacques Jobin (Alternate)
Continue to actively engage the communities in fish, wildlife and forestry management and
raise the profile of the CTRRC:
- Continue to build relationships with stakeholders;
- Support and facilitate training opportunities for both Staff and Council members;
- Promote youth education opportunities/initiatives;
- Continue to establish mechanisms and opportunities to communicate with the public;
- Participate in meetings and workshops and represent regional interests for all CTRRC areas of responsibility including Land Use and Protected Area Planning;
- Foster working relationships with fish and wildlife management agencies including Government of Yukon (YTG), CTFN, Canadian Wildlife Service and DFO;
- Work with other local area planning organizations to support advancement of common areas of concern;
Ensure equal participation of First Nation beneficiaries and local area residents in processes regarding fish, wildlife, and forestry management; and Administer trapline allocation processes as provided for in the Umbrella Final Agreement.
Regular Council meetings are held on the first Monday of each month from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Everyone is welcome to attend. To find out more about what we do or to add your voice call us or visit our office in the Tagish Community Centre.
THE OFFICE IS OPEN: MONDAY & WEDNESDAY 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Ph: 867.399.4923 Fax: 867.399.4978