Feb 11 2014 - Feb 13 2014
December 10,11,12, 2013; Yukon Inn – Willow Room
Come share some holiday cheer with the Yukon Fish and Wildlife Management Board and the Yukon Salmon Sub-Committee
Thursday, December 12, 2013
5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Yukon Inn – Fireside Room
Environment Yukon offers four-day-long (minimum 28 hours) trapper training workshops between October and March. There are 15 seats available for each workshop on a first-come, first-served basis. The minimum age to participate is 12.
Ross River October 18 – 21, Yukon College, Ross River Campus
Mayo November 15-18, Village of Mayo, Curling Lounge
Whitehorse December 14-17, Environment Yukon, 10 Burns Road
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
7:00 – 10:00 pm; Fireside Room, Yukon Inn
(NOTE: PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU’D LIKE A PUBLIC MEETING IN YOUR COMMUNITY TOO!)
This year there are 10 proposals including:
1. Faro Moose Management
2. Special Guided Hunting Review
3. Permit Hunt for Mountain Goats in the Itsi Range
4. Adaptive Management for Forty Mile Caribou
5. Non Retention of Lake Trout in Pine Lake
6. Non-retention of Lake Trout in Upper and Lower Snafu Lakes and Tarfu and Little Tarfu Lakes
7. Change Louise (Jackson) Lake to Special Management Water
8. Remove the 500 Meter No Hunting Corridor on the Dempster
9. Remove the One Week Hunting Closure on the Dempster
10. Compulsory Signaling of Traps by Yukon Trappers
The Wildlife Viewing Workshop will be held from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm on November 15, 2013 at the Westmark Whitehorse. This day is intended to generate conversation and networking opportunities to promote wildlife viewing development and stewardship in Yukon. If you have any questions about the workshop, please contact Carrie McClelland, Wildlife Viewing Biologist with Department of Environment, at 867 667-8075 or firstname.lastname@example.org
AGENDA 8:30 – 4:30pm
• Refreshment and registration check in
• Yukon’s 2013 Wildlife Viewing Strategy update and vision
• Wildlife Viewing in Action – what some folks are doing already
• Breakout discussions – connecting ideas with objectives; a collaborative approach.
• Identifying support for moving forward
Registration has been extended to November 11, 2013.
Read the Strategy here: Wildlife Viewing Strategy_2013
Thursday, October 24, 2013; 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
High Country Inn Ballroom, Whitehorse
The objective of the session will be for DFO to receive input, advice and recommendations regarding the overall effectiveness of and experience with the Agreement since 2002.
Lots of great presentations on the agenda. Check it out! Oct 2013 YFWMB Agenda
Come out and visit with the Board!
Tuesday, October 8, 2013; 7-9 PM
Wye Lake Cabin